Do CEF stock Proteus

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gselectrical

Reaction score
As title.

Desperately need a Proteus 4-pole 30mA RCD main switch for tomorrow.

Anybody know of an equivalent?

Cheers lads.

GS

Do CEF stock Proteus ? Is the Pope a Catholic ?

Sorry GS couldn't resist that , :D Yes its their own load of .......... er ...um.... brand .
Haha. Was waiting for that. LOL.

Looking back it does seem a stupid question to ask. I live in the middle of nowhere so never used CEF and never fitted Proteus Kit. I get most of my kit online and from local wholesallers. Thank god by the looks of it. Looks like cheap carp.

Cheers

GS

Proteus = cheap rubbish

You might find a Wylex will fit (the mcbs do anyway).

M2 is just Proteus with a different name in the front (the tooling marks on the plastic casings are even the same!!)

As said above, Proteus is the same dimensions as Wylex, Hager etc. If you do fit Proteus dont forget the fire extinguisher.
Thats the reason I'm replacing it. Fire risk. Its crackling like mad when energised. All external connections tight.

GS

Quality gear!

Does anyone remember the sockets they used to do?

RPP I think they were, 2 little coloured terminals for each connection, ie 1x cable in each terminal, impossible to anything more than 1x2-5 in each one.

Bloody excellent bits of kit they were.!

all their own brand plastic carp comes from the same place and then gets rebadged a million times

Yep CEF (or CR**** Electrical Factors) do stock them at various branches.

One thing to be careful of is that all the branches work independantly and will quote you different prices- so call around!

I recall asking for a quote for a Xpelair fan from two branches -

Got the part......in the end.

GE RCD with a "Proteus" sticker covering the GE logo.

Could have got it off ebay quicker. Useless.

GS

Make sure you ring them first, i had to drive around to about three branches once because some of them don't keep stock, and I got my favourite quote, ' we can get it for you tomorrow'