Dodgy CU change

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a matter of opinion, personally for the amount off circuits and age of wiring I would have used Rcbo's.Batty
Thats only because your rich and can afford themROTFWL

Even the MCB's are running in a random sequence, what happened to heavy load closest to the RCD, I do hate those boards that run from left to rightX(That live on circuit 2 (32A) is priceless. Did he bare the insuation with his teeth on that lot??
I was thinking that, it's not as though the cables look to short to make it neat, what a slob!!

You can also see the N incommer has been over tightened, nice bulge!, now just one more turn to brake it completely Applaud Smiley

I was thinking that, it's not as though the cables look to short to make it neat, what a slob!!You can also see the N incommer has been over tightened, nice bulge!, now just one more turn to brake it completely Applaud Smiley
oh er!!!!

thought you were staring at my crotch then Robojin!!!!

:^O :^O:^O:^OROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

BUT...

Just been back to look at the original photos......

Indeed I see what you mean.... maybe even just half a turn to break it!!!! :eek: :O:O:| :(

oh er!!!!thought you were staring at my crotch then Robojin!!!!

:^O :^O:^O:^OROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

BUT...

Just been back to look at the original photos......

Indeed I see what you mean.... maybe even just half a turn to break it!!!! :eek: :O:O:| :(
specs im sure you could have done a neater job, :^O :^O why didnt you certify the install?

If he is a genuine NICEIC member then that job is a disgrace, all that live conductor showing at terminals for a start, not even an attempt at neatness, no green sleeving and that main earth terminal should have only one cable in it.

No point complaining to the NICEIC , they won't do anything.

Now thats more like it !(no its not mine) but a bloody good example.

Guiness Drink

Iphone063.jpg

Now thats more like it !(no its not mine) but a bloody good example.Guiness Drink
Nah!!! sorry....... :_|

need a bit more light when taking the photo...

slight shadow across the left hand side distracts from the clarity of the image!!!!

ROTFWL :^O :^O:^O

oh...

Nicely wired CU though!!!Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:D;)

Now thats more like it !(no its not mine) but a bloody good example.Guiness Drink
Nice and tidy. That's something that is not easy to achieve with a replacement CCU rather than a new/rewired one where you have "virgin" wire without the kinks DIY's/Handymen/Kitchen fitters always seem to put in them.

lol, even more scary, when you hear a B&Q employee informing a female customer that they could use "flex" cable down to their garden shed.. and protect it with garden hosepipe.
I was just wondering who had been digging around Admins cellar to root up this old thread....

And lo..

A new member hiding down here!!! :) :) :x

:Applaud :Applaud:Applaud

Welcome to the forum RB2004...

get over and introduce yourself proper

and grab a Guinness

I have seen a garden shed supplied up a hosepipe before..

but there was also an upside-down margarine tub in a plastic bag with another plug & socket of to the pond pump as well!!!

hi, Thanks for the welcome:) lol

I know it was an old thread.. was just looking around lol and that B&Q comment got my attention because id heard their employees advising people to do that with a hosepipe.

Rather shocking really.. no wonder we have part P, home developers dont help eigther.. just been on a site with a pair of proper developers doing their own work.. and they have used extra long flexi hoses on a radiator.. kitted out whole entire bathroom in plastic pipework, no clips or anything.. in the kitchen hidden 1 isolator behind the cabinets underneath the worktop.. and have another 1 due to be boxed in.

lol but seeming as this is an electrical forum, you will love this bit.

They had a new CU, was fully certificated and everything signed off.. then they realised they needed a socket in the utility area... their answer? screw terminal junction box under the floorboard to spur off of, but thats not the end of it... obviously it was under the floorboards.. but on top of that they shoved laminate flooring accross the whole kitchen/diner area.. then on top of that they have all the kitchen units, and island, and shoved the skirting board over the top of the laminate all the way around the edge.

I pulled them up about it and they responded "problem of the new owner".. wont effect us.

But i found it completely disgusting, because if it ever went faulty whole entire kitchen would need ripping out, then the floor etc.

Just thought id come on over here lol, used to hover around the DIYnot forums.. but found the people on there quite abusive and generally unfriendly lol.

hi, Thanks for the welcome:) lol...

Just thought id come on over here lol, used to hover around the DIYnot forums.. but found the people on there quite abusive and generally unfriendly lol.
:D

I think you will find us a friendly bunch over here..

I was going to point you to "introduce yourself"...

But you have!:pROTFWLROTFWL

you will find many members on here have left that & other forums for the same reason

Are you sure the installer was NIC registered ? . Rouge traders comes to mind . No certs issued either . I thought that document p was meant to stamp out this . It just goes to show how hard it is to police . :eek:

Are you sure the installer was NIC registered ? . Rouge traders comes to mind . No certs issued either . I thought that document p was meant to stamp out this . It just goes to show how hard it is to police . :eek:
Its easy if you can't buy CU's/meter tails/etc.. without being registered like gas then this would stop alot of this.