Dodgy tradesman

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dodgey Switch. Oh, hang on, dodgey light socket - wasn't it? :^O Wally!

Hey ! he may end up as a member on this forum!

Now you know we do not ridicule anyone, well apart from some idiot who does not realise that a light needs + and - to work.

Hey ! he may end up as a member on this forum!Now you know we do not ridicule anyone, well apart from some idiot who does not realise that a light needs + and - to work.
did you not see the dc supply at the start

I was going to say that they compared AC to that. Negative and a Positive.

Maybe the "All round Tradesperson" thought that too?, because there was no metal bodywork, he couldn't attch the Earth (Negative) to it. :eek:

Question: I know this would be dangerous but just wondered if it would have worked or not. If the supply was tncs and he connected the neutral to the backbox ? I know this would be a very stupid thing to do .... But would it work?

Thanks

if he had done the job properly with the light where would he have taken the neutral from ????

addition to a circuit ...new cables to be protected with RCD ????

I think these sort of programs are a joke.Talking a lot of ****.

Plus, he wasnt an electrician, he was a handyman.
I'm not even sure it was real, looked fake to me, the feller was a clown, just not credible, even a cowboy would have got on his horse long before this guy.

I guess they needed to fill airtime and had no content

Won't it? :| I reckon it was fine.

if he had just taken the neutral to the switch live in the switch it would all have worked OK.

:^O
Question: I know this would be dangerous but just wondered if it would have worked or not. If the supply was tncs and he connected the neutral to the backbox ? I know this would be a very stupid thing to do .... But would it work?Thanks
I reckon it was fine.

if he had just taken the neutral to the switch live in the switch it would all have worked OK.