Dodgy tradesman

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaohm7

Reaction score
After watching a well known programme about dodgy so called tradesmen , I am still laughing at a bloke pretending to be an electrician called to install an outside light fitting and convert a single socket in the kitchen to a double . This bloke had to borrow money off the customer so He could buy a 2 gang switch ??? When he fitted the light fitting and the switch He couldn't understand why the light did not work . After blaming a duff lamp and a duff switch left it at that .. He'd run the cable from the fitting to the switch ( what about the neutral ) ? no wonder it wouldn't work . He'd forgotten or didn't know about the neutral being required for the lamp to work ??? As for the switch in the kitchen He used the customers kettle to prove that it worked ? what about making sure that it was safe before He left it ? The cpc wasn't connected to the socket .... headbang

What was this programme? When was it on? And have you got a link to watch it online, Please?

I think these sort of programs are a joke.

Talking a lot of ****.

Plus, he wasnt an electrician, he was a handyman.

It was quite funny to watch. What a knob tho and he runs like a girl haha
I liked the way He shook hands as He ran past and He slipped by the gate .. :^O

this programme made my blood boil. they say the job should take 3hrs and cost

even admin would know that by putting a light into a switch with no neutral wouldnt make the light work!!
Won't it? :|

:^O

no admin it wouldnt work when supplied from a standard light switch as it requires a neutral, (unless its wired in 3 plate to the switch and unusually there is a neutral in the back, like ive done on some jobs ;)

the bit that made me laugh was when they said he had broken the law, so what will happen to him then - his reply was - he'll keep putting people in danger, nothing about prosecuting him or anything.whats the bloody point.

and

I think anyone who is in the business of exposing these cowboys ought to be at least members of this forum, so that they can get the facts right.

swaping a 13A 1 gang for a 13A 2gang on a patris, the guy bodged it up with the earth but i would think most would consider that a like for like swap and quick live test.

could be 3 plated at the light switch, guy prob would have still bodged it.

swaping a 13A 1 gang for a 13A 2gang on a patris, the guy bodged it up with the earth but i would think most would consider that a like for like swap and quick live test.could be 3 plated at the light switch, guy prob would have still bodged it.
I would not have tested it with a class 1 kettle, should a fault have been there the kettle test could have killed someone.

I would not have tested it with a class 1 kettle, should a fault have been there the kettle test could have killed someone.
very true

would have done a quick zs,

his megger was prob in the boot

a

Oh Badger, you have spoiled it now. I was going to do one in my home Tomorrow. :_|

GH - The only person it would have hurt, with a bit of luck, is the clown who did it. X(

Still, the news is that he is going to enrol on a college course to train to be a spark.

I wonder how much he did charger her?