DOL again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWDS

Reaction score
I have bought a motor starter TEW 11A 12A, 240v 50Hz AC3 5.5kW 7.5 HP

my question is were to connect my +/-, am I right in thinking my - connects to A2 and my + to A1 ?????????????.

also I have a start and stop button that have 2 leads coming out of them do these connect onto the overload relay ?? if so were.

A1 and A2 are normally the coil contacts. A2 will go to neutral, A1 will be switched live. this will have to go through the stop switch, start and overload

Thanks andy I have had a play with it today ( used the drawing you put on ), I got it working fine for a single phase but struggled on the 3 phase part.

regards NWDS

Thanks andy I have had a play with it today ( used the drawing you put on ), I got it working fine for a single phase but struggled on the 3 phase part.regards NWDS
what part of the 3 phase you struggling with?

really, its the same as single phase, but with 2 extra phases passing through the contactor. if you have a 400V contactor, you use another phase instead of neutral for coil (but i doubt you have 3 phase in your house, so best you could do is have 3 lives on single phase to play with it - just remember though, there will be 0V difference instead of 400V)

Evening andy are all the links the same ( supplied in dol ), I have a drawing but cannt get it to work ( not supplied )

Regards NWDS

Thanks andy, I have got it working as a 3ph, it was not the contactor I had the problem with I took all the links out and started a fresh ( worked it out now ), just a quick one thought if my coil voltage was 24v and Iam sw 240v through the contactor will my stop and start sw need to be 240v or 24v

?????????????????????????????

Regards NWDS

coil feed will need to be the voltage of the coil. for some control stuff, where wiring is external to the contactor, 24 is often used.

some coils are 400V for connection accross 2 phases where there isnt a neutral