Door intercom

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a job a month or so ago under a local "Care & repair" scheme, it was replacing a faulty door intercom/entry system in a house for a disabled lady (2 handsets & magnetic door release).

The old faulty kits handsets had 2 buttons on them, I know that 1 will be the door release, but what would the other one have done.... I've now had a phone call saying the new one isn't really suitable for the lady as she knocks the handset off and can't get it back, "it's not a like for like replacement" they say. Of course it's not an exact like for like replacement.. it's new and a different make!!

On the sheet which we work to all it said was replace faulty door intercom.. there were no special needs noted at all, so that's what I did!

Has anyone got any idea what this second button could have done??

Just dug them out from my pile of rubbish in the garage.....

the switch goes directly to some terminals on the connector, so I guess they are an auxillary contact.. what the'd be used for I don't know!

Can be used to switch relay unit for external light or any other application required.

I can see that I'm going to be having an argument next week...

Apparently she said that if she presses one button she can hear who it is (without picking up the handset) and the other opens the door. On looking at the circuit board this second button was connected to nothing.

Another case of someone getting something for nothing and wanting more!! bad day explode

Just agree to what ever she says have a fiddle and say you have fixed it LOL

I called the lady up not long after my last post and she was absolutley fine about it saying that her Occupational Therapist was causing a fuss over nothing.... she, herself, was fine with it...

So you'd think that would be the end of it??

NO

She has now made a formal complaint to someone "high up" in social services,, luckily I've still got the old stuff! so we'll have to see what happens

sounds like katherine tate grandma ROTFWL

****ing liberty

Latest posts