Down at the farm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
Well it's coming around to that time of year again, maintenance on the farm, the boss is bringing his girlfriend over from Thailand soon so it's all systems go. We have everything pretty well looked after normally, but this is like a royal visit, loads of painting being done, all the lighting being upgraded to LED ( I wanted to do this last year) and I'm finally rewiring the workshops!

Anyway he wanted a couple of LED floods to light up the farm entrance, it's a large bow fronted wall with a sliding gate, the lights were being mounted on top of the wall and shining down onto the brickwork. I could have done it a number of ways, but because whatever method I use will be seen from the back, i.e the inside I wanted to do something really neat, I spent a very pleasant day on Thursday fitting a load of galvanised conduit, a nice long curve along the top of the wall with T boxes to feed the lights, then straight down the corner of the wall on both sides with some nice sets and one or two running couplings, it looked a treat when it was done, the boss even went around and coated all the threaded sections with cold galvanising paint. I've just ordered a load of new vapour proof fittings for the undercroft, and a nice 3 phase board to feed the workshops. The weather forecast is good for a while, so I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into some decent stuff for a change.

Latest posts