EAL ???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmoriarty

Reaction score
Morning everybody.

As I'm new I'll just quickly introduce myself.

Name: Dan Moriarty

Just to fill you in on my background: In my first year at college I completed the c&g level 2 2330 and I am currently in the middle of my second year doing a level 3 EAL 501/1121/8 level 3 diploma in electrical and electronic engineering technology (qcf). Due to a big pile of college bull**** they were not offering the level 3 c&g.

I know how some of you feel about the short courses but I'm a full time landlord so it was more suitable for my time constraints.

I will also be starting the 17th regs course and the inspection and testing course in a months time.

Anyway, after all that drivel, my question is: does anybody have any experience with the EAL course and, what are people's feelings about it?

Many thanks in advance

Dan

I would say most the industry is familiar with the City & Guilds courses, especially if you have got your 2330 level 2 but not 2330 level 3. Employers might think its a little dodgy IMO.

It's the same as C&G mate, I've had no problem withs it.. Was told it was originally for the army

I think I'll give niceic a tinkle on Monday see what they think. I can't see it being too much of a problem but I'd hate to think I've wasted 6 months

I also did EAL L3 and actually is more involved in practical than C&G 2330L3.

As for qualification is a recognized Level 3 The same as c&g.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:52 ----------

Can you join a scheme etc with the eal? Who teaches that rather than c&g's ?
I think you can join a scheme only with 17th edition,they are after your money anyway.

Mid-way through the 2nd year of my 2330 the college said "If anyone wants to do Level 3.........find another college!". So I did! Job done. Think they were concentrating their funds etc into Hair & Beauty!