easy cert

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow,

finally kinda got the firm talked around to paperless systems,

well one of the directors anyway,

all came about cos the shelves in 'my' office fell off the wall today and papers everywhere, cant even open the door to get in, :slap

anyhow, asked me about going digital, 'my' admin girl is over the moon at the prospect,

did I know of any good software, jumped at it,

BUT, I have a small problem,

I need to be able to fill in certs on one PC, but have them filed and printed off on a different PC,

will easycert run OK from a dongle?

as you may know, Im not to clued up on M$ stuff, and most anything on linux will run from fresh air!!!!!!

having easycert on 2 PCs wont help much cos it still needs to be filled in.

or am I understanding it wrong?

Ive DL'd the trial tonight and it does actually seem pretty easy/good to get on with.

I've just bought a netbook, i'm moving into the modern easycert age too.

About to download trail. Can you not save as a PDF or something then print off on other pc?

Is there a forum discount for easycert?

Can you not fill it out on your PC and e-mail to the user on the other pc, Steps?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I am almost certain that there are guys here that do it a laptop, and print it off in the van?! But have they got it on another PC too? Or is that against the EasyCert rules?

Have you PM'd our easycert sponsor on here, mate?

Don't forget that all forum members will get a 10% discount.

See here for details.

(And your company would love you even more for that mate). ;)

office will need to fill in/change client details,

Im still gonna give it a go and see if it will run on windoze from USB,

I seem to have the trial running OK from USB, and can access it from my phone too,

just wondering if full version will work the same.

its not as if I need more than one at a time, just need access from different places.,

mmm,

maybe on the server?????????

2 licenses wouldnt work though,

I still dont think it would do the trick,

I would need it on admin PC at work,

on my PC at home[which I can either run XP or WINE on] , possibly my PC in the office, and my phone on site,

and TBH for it to be really worthwhile and make my life easier that is the least I would be needing,

thing is, apart from admin PC and phone together for when I work away, everything else is only one at a time,

it can be 1from 3 kinda thing, that is why maybe set up a new e.mail addy for the certs and only have myself or admin girl able to access it on the server,

might work?????

she can change details on her pc, exit, then I can access and sign off.........

sometimes I have no access to who the cert is being made for,

3 different depts in our office, and setting aside the private jobs, perhaps 6-10 different authorities we do work for as well on a regular basis, sometimes it is only the admin staff know who job is for as sometimes areas overlap, and even though it can be one areas job it may be someone else that has actually ordered the work, if that makes sense, LA sometimes doesnt.

instance,

job in lakes, client was not the address I was working at, holiday rental home,

not even her home address I needed, the client was a business address somewhere totally different,

almost had to drag it out of one of the office girls, [not the one helps me!]

sometimes they can make it so hard...

every printer [about 10] is accessible from every PC [about 25] in the office,

I really couldnt live without this girl helping me out.

but, the wi-fi printer not much use to me if Im 400miles away is it?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:22 ----------

I think Im going to have to sell this to the firm first,

then try find out how tysoft can help me. :|

dont think so, but I can edit the forms on my PC from my phone if I share them,

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:25 ----------

AH,

just checked, I can edit them,

BUT, it doesnt seem to want to save when I go back to the PC and look at them,,,,

the phone shows OK, but the PC not,,,,,,

When you export a certificate it saves it to the Shared Certificate system. You can then simply open your desktop software and select the Certificate menu > Import Shared Certificates item which will allow you to import the certificate into your desktop software. You can also upload certificates to your phone by simply doing the opposite.

Kind regards,

brian Harper

Quick question, for the iPhone to export to the desktop do you need the mobile version or will it export to the pro version?

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you need the EasyCert Mobile version to use the IPhone version of the software. Our website hasnt been updated as yet because the product hasnt been officially announced. Our website will be updated in the next few days.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was made at 09:11 ----------

Can you e-mail them across or does it need a wired connection?
The software uses the phones/ipad data connection so no wired connection is required.

Just trying the 14 day free version before we get it at work,

Upon having a look at it on the EIC certs for indust and commercial i've noticed the test result pages are in 2 parts is there any reason for this as the domestic EIC comes in one part?

Latest posts