ECS & CSCS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samage89

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm just wanting some advice as I'm a bit confused.

I've recently been offered (only word so far) some work doing Electrical work in a School, working away, but it's the only offer that I've had so I'm grabbing it by both horns so to speak.

Anyway, I've been told that I need a CSCS card, after booking to do the test I'm told by a mate I need to do an ECS test for my ECS card.

the problem is ECS are not doing any exams until 20th January and the work supposedly starts in January.

I've still got my CSCS test booked for monday, but will this allow me to get on site and work?

It's extremely frustrating that I have to wait over a month for some exam.

Oh and I currently have 2330 Level 3 Electrical Installation and (I think) 2392-12 17th Amd1 Regs (certificate is supposed to come before christmas).

Any advice appreciated, cheers.

Sam

Speak to the person that is going to employ you, normally its the employer who will state which certificate that you need with CSCS being the minimum required.

Hi there, yes the employer should accept the cscs card however the ecsa card is tailor made for the electro technical trade, they are all run by the same people. The contents of the course are very simple, the health and safety questions are based on your 2330 unit 201, if you can remember that far back. Good Luck

when i go on site i use my cscs card (labourer)

cv,,references do the rest

Check with the employer they hold the cards so the speak, they dont have to accept anything, I know on some sites if you want to do electrical work and dont have have a ECS you wont be getting on site CSCS or not.