EIC supply query

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just completed a rewire on an old bungalow. The house has a 3 phase supply with a distribution board next to the meter outside. One phase serves the bungalow another serves a workshop and garage and the third goes down the garden to a granny flat. I have only worked on the bungalow on which I have done a complete rewire and moved the position of the CU.

First question, is this a new installation or alteration to existing?

Second question on supply characteristics is this 4 wire 3 phase or do I just use details for the phase I used.

depends where the meter is. if the granny flat has its own meter, i would say new installation, if it shares a meter with other places, then alteration/addition

for characteristics, again, where is the meter?

The bungalow has the meter in an outside box, next to this is a distribution board with 3 80amp breakers. The distribution box has the main earth terminal in it with bonding conductors for water and gas. Each breaker controls a phase. From the bottom of this box are 3 16mm 2 core swa cables one going to each building but only the main building has a meter.

Does this help at all?

Latest posts