EICR charging

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what people think about charging for EICRs. Is it ok to charge a 3 phase circuit as 3 circuits always seemed wrong to me but I've worked for a number of testing companies who all did this. Is there an argument to charge extra for a 3 phase or is it just considered to be one circuit. 

Why over complicate something?

I just charge per hour for the time it takes, and it takes as long as it takes with so many factors that I would never price on a "per circuit" basis.

Just wondering what people think about charging for EICRs. Is it ok to charge a 3 phase circuit as 3 circuits always seemed wrong to me but I've worked for a number of testing companies who all did this. Is there an argument to charge extra for a 3 phase or is it just considered to be one circuit. 

If you're testing a 3ph circuit then it isn't going to take you 3 times longer to test it and write the report is it?  

At most the testing will take 1 1/2 times as long, but as your inspection and testing should be  60/40 respectively (or even greater) then it isn't going to add that much time over all

A three phase circuit is still only one circuit. So if you are pricing on a 'per circuit' bases it should be treated as one circuit and charged at your agreed price for one circuit. 

Some me of our works are on a SOR and others we charge on a time basis. Never on a per circuit basis. 

Last edited by a moderator: