ElCS Card

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymike

Reaction score
Going to a 1day course on the ELCS Card but I don't know what section to use for electrical

[*]CSCS Operatives

As spinlondon said CSCS is not appropriate or relevant to the electrical industry.

ECS is CSCS affiliated.

As spinlondon said CSCS is not appropriate or relevant to the electrical industry.ECS is CSCS affiliated.
So there is no value at all in getting the CSCS card? I got told by one electrician that if i got had one I'd be eligible to go on construction sites... is that true?

So there is no value at all in getting the CSCS card? I got told by one electrician that if i got had one I'd be eligible to go on construction sites... is that true?
What I'm saying is that there is definite value in getting an ECS card, which is affiliated to CSCS. An "ordinary" CSCS card is not appropriate.

I presume it's the health & safety assessment aspect of the card that you're more interested in (judging from your post) - even so the ECS health & safety assessment is relevant to electrical work whereas the standard CSCS one is not.

The CSCS card will enable access to sites

The ECS card is the JIB version specific to electricians which will also get you on to site.

Ok I get it now

If I do the CSCS I'll just get a card to go construction sites, but If I do the ECS that goes in the electrical side & is more relevent.

But if I did the CSCS H & S basic test. & just get a blank card saying CSCS in your opinion is that still worth doing because thats better than nothing right? evan it's not Electrical related.

Ok I get it nowIf I do the CSCS I'll just get a card to go construction sites, but If I do the ECS that goes in the electrical side & is more relevent.

But if I did the CSCS H & S basic test. & just get a blank card saying CSCS in your opinion is that still worth doing because thats better than nothing right? evan it's not Electrical related.
You can get a basic CSCS card but you would not be allowed to do any electrical work as it is not a ECS so why spend money doing the CSCS card only to shell out more to do the ECS card? :innocent :innocent

Got my Gold JIB card today, no tests just applied and sent copies of my qualifications!

Mind I do have those they require!

Still chuffed as it will get me more work I hope as i have had a few potential customers ask for it!

Toooooooooo clued up on certain things, but not on ALL I suspect!

Last edited by a moderator: