Elecsa annual assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaohm7

Reaction score
Got my annual assessment on the 23rd of this month By a Mr Michael Maye. . Anyone else had him do their assessment recently? What biscuits does he like?, I have a new install to show him anyway so hopefully it should all go ok. fingers crossed.

OMG !!! OMG!!!! Not him! ...Anyone but him ... Biscuits! ...biscuits ! He ate our dog as I made a cuppa !!!

He also does a sit down exam lasting 5 hours based on the Higher National Diploma from 1970 . Then a 1 hour exam on the 14 th Edition Regs, then the 15th ,followed by the 16th and finally the 17th.

He crowbared my fuseboard off the wall saying it needed better fixings ....oh dear anyone but him ..Oh dear... oh dear some sparks don't survive the assessment you know ...theres usually a couple of St. John's Ambulance guys with him .

Only joking Megaohm, you'll be fine , they are all quite friendly, and don't forget , you are the customer, they want your custom and your subscription .

There is a good thread on here but basically :-

1) Ensure you have all the stuff they insist on , PL insurance/ Elect.at Work Act 1988/ Testers etc.

2) If you're happy your job is up to scratch you have no worries there.

3) Be prepared for a few questions dropped in .... eg; Max Ze on a TNS .

Amazingly most of us ,however qualified and experienced experience some trepidation when assessment looms.

Just noticed its your Annual , I thought it was your first , worry not !

I've got Mr Paul G on the 26/4/12 for my Annual assessment.

He WILL find defects in my work, he always does.

Worried, no, what can I do, what will be will be.

OMG !!! OMG!!!! Not him! ...Anyone but him ... Biscuits! ...biscuits ! He ate our dog as I made a cuppa !!! He also does a sit down exam lasting 5 hours based on the Higher National Diploma from 1970 . Then a 1 hour exam on the 14 th Edition Regs, then the 15th ,followed by the 16th and finally the 17th.

He crowbared my fuseboard off the wall saying it needed better fixings ....oh dear anyone but him ..Oh dear... oh dear some sparks don't survive the assessment you know ...theres usually a couple of St. John's Ambulance guys with him .

Only joking Megaohm, you'll be fine , they are all quite friendly, and don't forget , you are the customer, they want your custom and your subscription .

There is a good thread on here but basically :-

1) Ensure you have all the stuff they insist on , PL insurance/ Elect.at Work Act 1988/ Testers etc.

2) If you're happy your job is up to scratch you have no worries there.

3) Be prepared for a few questions dropped in .... eg; Max Ze on a TNS .

Amazingly most of us ,however qualified and experienced experience some trepidation when assessment looms.

Just noticed its your Annual , I thought it was your first , worry not !
Cheers Deke. I did have a laugh at your reply though. it's true that we're the customers and we pay their wages at the end of the day.

Mega

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:13 ----------

I've got Mr Paul G on the 26/4/12 for my Annual assessment.He WILL find defects in my work, he always does.

Sounds like a right bundle of laughs does Mr Paul G. Sometimes people can be so picky and to think that we're paying for the privilege too

He is actually OK, very knowledgeable.

However, it's his job to find something wrong.

So he will.

i have no issue, because it has taken him over an hour to find the reg to pull me on before now!

I've got Mr Paul G on the 26/4/12 for my Annual assessment.He WILL find defects in my work, he always does.

I like this answer, and to be honest most AC's say the same. One reason why deviations or departures are always fully recorded, providing the reason and the safety aspect is right then there is nothing to worry about, and like you say what will be will be.

I've been in this game one hell of a long time TBH, 14th edit.Regs--15th---16th---17th . From wiring car assembly lines--to drop stamping---- to 100 ton overhead cranes------to installing 11000V - 415V transformers --to steelworks---- floodlighting towers---power stations---the B,ham, BT Tower --schools --hospitals---MOD--- change a pendant for a little old lady----- supervising & estimating in contracting ---and self employed for 18 years and they keep changing stuff and we must do this and we must do that and we must join this and buy that and they'll be inspecting us and "Oh tut tut ... you didn't mark this black switchwire with brown tape "....

and sometimes I think I just don't give a **** anymore.

Latest posts