Electric Boilers Looking At Installing 18Kw -24Kw Boilers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarusystems

Reaction score

HI looking at these from Poland has anyone installed one  would you recommend an independent consumer unit with 16mm cable for the above

Technical data:
·        Wall mounted central heating system

·        Air temperature adjustment range – depending on the type of room thermostat

·        Electronic system fuse – 500 mA

·        Hydraulic resistance – negligible, small

·        Factory test pressure – 12 at., design pressure – 6 at. (safety valve 3 bar, other valve on request)

·        Weight: ~22kg (depending on power rating)

·        Water volume inside the boiler

·        Efficiency 99.5%

·        IPX2 , class 1

·         Step less temperature adjustment 5÷90°C  ( floor 5÷40°C )

·        Electronic system functions:

·        Control: room, floor

·        Multi-functional LED display

·        Automatic power selection – by 1/6 (by 1/3)

·        Manual power reduction 33-67-100%

·        Heater operation time measurement – wear optimization

·        Smooth on/off section switching

·        Pump operation time-lag

·        Water temperature measurement and stepless adjustment

·        Diode boiler operation displays

·         Compatible with all types of room thermostats
(dry contact)

[SIZE=9pt]FULLY INDEPENDENT SOURCE OF HEAT (CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM) - EKW 18kW AsZN boiler equipment[/SIZE]

HI looking at these from Poland has anyone installed one  would you recommend an independent consumer unit with 16mm cable for the above

Technical data:

·        Electronic system fuse – 500 mA

.......would you recommend an independent consumer unit with 16mm cable for the above
If it's fused at 500mA you can probably scrape by with a smaller cable size.

Seriously, posting some electrical specs might get you some answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't recommend any form of electric boiler. It's a totaly bonkers idea as far as I'm concerned. If you must het your house with peak rate electricity, use panel heaters.

We installed some electric boilers to a handful of properties and as Kerch said after some discussion with DNO it was a non starter on single phase, had to have a second phase installed to each property.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've fitted several 12KW electric boilers, but I agree, 18KW may be pushing it a bit.

DNO's are getting fussy.  I've just filled in a request for a quote for a new supply to a new house.  Years ago they just wanted to now how many KVA.  Now they ask what sort of heating, are there any pumps, if so rating and start up current, are you having any microgeneration, and there's a whole section on ground and air source heat pumps.

Around these here parts any increase in load over 10 kVA has to have mains approval

I believe also that the micro generation stuff is seriously messing up the network as well, having had a meaningful/ red wine fuelled discussion with a mains engineer from ENW
and where does it say that anything over 10kVA must be approved?