Electrical safety council - copyright

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
Hi all!

can anyone tell me, if i copy and paste a a couple of bits of text from the esc website onto mine will i be infringing copyright?

I would say yes. As you haven't had written permission. Is the website and content copy righted? You could always state where you had it from. (Ie put a link back to their website).

But to be 100% above board, personally, I would E-mail or write to them asking for permission. Detailing what you would like to extract and a link to your website.

It is a charitable organisation committed to improving electrical standards and increasing safety for consumers and I can't see a copyright on their website.

Even so - It would still be courteous to contact them for permission though. - I would.

if its copyrighted, then you cant copy it without permission. if you made it clear where you got info from, and a link direct to there, cant see it being a problem

cheers guys, i will send them an email in the next few days to be on the safe side.

It would without authority be copyright theft.

The Electrical Safety Council promote electrical safety and would almost always give permission providing that the information you post is not to mislead the public that you are part of the Electrical Safety Council or endorsed by them.

All quotes must be given the origin source so any facts can be checked against available data.

The Electrical safety Council will help with any enquiries and would always welcome links to their own website, for your customers to visit for more information.

I Dont see why they would decline your request as green says

The Electrical Safety Council promote electrical safety and would almost always give permission providing that the information you post is not to mislead the public that you are part of the Electrical Safety Council or endorsed by them.
good luck :)