Electrician needed to complete job in Thornton Heath, Croydon

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johninlondon1

Reaction score
I went to look at a job on behalf of a friend today and the work has not been fully completed. The following work is still to be done;

1. Cannot see main protective bonding conductor to gas incoming pipe.

2. One pair of under cabinet lights to be connected (T&E cable cut too short).

3. One single under cabinet light to be connected.

4. Two loose CPC's need connecting in CCU.

5. CPC's in socket(s) to be connected.

6. TV Aeriel junction boxes to be installed and connected to 3 other rooms.

7. testing of full installation.

The owner tells me he had an electrician in to re-wire the flat and has gone on the missing list. I have mentioned about Notifying work and really the previous electrician should have done this and there is no paperwork. So if there is a competent electrician willing to take over the job, can they contact me and I shall furnish with pictures and contact details. The owner is elderly with disabilities and has been messed about and just wants the job finished.

Thanks

He has paid a lot and I feel for him as he is naive and knows nothing about part p or building reg's or dealing with contractors. I wasn't able to do any of the work as I am still studying and lack the experience to do it for him and have neither insurance, registered scheme member nor testing equipment. He is on kidney dialysis a couple of hours each day and its wrong that he has been left with a dangerous electrical installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has paid a lot and I feel for him as he is naive and knows nothing about part p or building reg's or dealing with contractors. I wasn't able to do any of the work as I am still studying and lack the experience to do it for him and have neither insurance, registered scheme member nor testing equipment. He is on kidney dialysis a couple of hours each day and its wrong that he has been left with a dangerous electrical installation.
If his dialysis is carried out in his own home there are people you can report this to who will sort it out for him. Contact the citizens advise to see if they can put you in touch with either the PCT or CQC , Primary care trust, or Care quality commission. The local primary care nurse will also be able to light some fuses to get the ball rolling.

View attachment 3574View attachment 3575View attachment 3576View attachment 3577View attachment 3578View attachment 3579View attachment 3580View attachment 3581View attachment 3582View attachment 3583View attachment 3584View attachment 3585

Some of the pictures I took, the CCU has 2 CPC's unconnected, the socket shows the unconnected CPC and neutral. In his spare room he has stacks of boxes for his dialysis equipment. He strikes me as been very independent and probably would not accept help from other services and just wants it sorted. Thanks Manator for your reply and will mention it to him, but I think he just needs an electrician for a day or two to finish off the work and somehow to get it safe and correctly certificated.

WHOOOOAAAAAAAAA!

HHD is a different kettle of fish, trust me I KNOW!

Need more info, SERIOUSLY can help to sort this, did 3 HHD jobs last week got one next week, and probably more that I have yet to find out about.

Who is the PCT, which Hospital is the HHD under?

He wouldn't tell me what he has paid for all the work done in his flat so far. He told me the tiler took 3 months to tile his bathroom and I have an impression that various trades have taken him for a ride and ripped him off with substandard overpriced work, so would just like to see it sorted out for him if at all possible.

they may be the same, but, thata a wylex board with crabtree internals, also, its not properly mounted,

now, thats an observation that even a non electrician could make.

Latest posts