Electricity Meter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dambo

Reaction score
Up until this point i've had no real need to understand what the different devices are in an electricity meter box. I think now might be a good time to find out though! :D On the attached picture what is the grey meter (TRHC) and the black box (BLHC)?

SNV30279.jpg

Hi

The black box in the bottom LH corner is a controller to switch on the OFF peak supply, the Meter above is a two tariff meter and the rhs meter is a single tarriff. The bottom right is the service cut-out with service fuse.

You have 2 supplies - the property will be on Economy 7 (or similar) with the remote teleswitch bottom left to switch over. You have 2 main fuses.

HiThe black box in the bottom LH corner is a controller to switch on the OFF peak supply, the Meter above is a two tariff meter and the rhs meter is a single tarriff. The bottom right is the service cut-out with service fuse.
You have 2 supplies - the property will be on Economy 7 (or similar) with the remote teleswitch bottom left to switch over. You have 2 main fuses.
Is the meter in the top LHC for one property and the meter in the top RHC for another property?

i would say so , no need for two meters to one house. i would say there was a fault with the old clock because the newer meters would have built in time clocks that switch over automaticily and you set up with laptop( mind you i could never get them to set up properly).