Electronic Certs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wozz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had it with NAPITs awful certificate ive only written a couple and i hate them.

Ive wanted to do electronic certs for a while and these certs have tipped me over the edge. I can get a netbook for

I use Easycert. Make everything look neat and tidy. Also means you don't need to keep paper copies yourself, as everytime I do a cert, I make PDF for my records. If you do repeat work for certain clients, all their info is stored in the software.

The only downside I see, is you still have towrite out the cert whilst on site, them transfer the data accross. At first it seemed a little 3 steps forward then 2 back, but over time i've got used to it.

I use Easycert. Make everything look neat and tidy. Also means you don't need to keep paper copies yourself, as everytime I do a cert, I make PDF for my records. If you do repeat work for certain clients, all their info is stored in the software.The only downside I see, is you still have towrite out the cert whilst on site, them transfer the data accross. At first it seemed a little 3 steps forward then 2 back, but over time i've got used to it.
Easy cert does have a PDA/Mobile application, but is extra to the basic package.

I think you need to look at the cost then divide the number of cert you are likely to do in a year then next years licence /support then theres the up coming changes to the regs

if you calculate all this in you may find them expensive going

I think you need to look at the cost then divide the number of cert you are likely to do in a year then next years licence /support then theres the up coming changes to the regs if you calculate all this in you may find them expensive going
Not forgetting your personnal time spent at home writing bits of paper out, as oppossed to notebook on site and home to print only.

I have had it with NAPITs awful certificate ive only written a couple and i hate them.Ive wanted to do electronic certs for a while and these certs have tipped me over the edge. I can get a netbook for

Just to expand on Bulmer & Manator - I`ve got Easycert Elite, and a PDA - review very very soon - Well worth it, by & large . Pros & cons will be discussed in review;)

HTH

KME

Just to expand on Bulmer & Manator - I`ve got Easycert Elite, and a PDA - review very very soon - Well worth it, by & large . Pros & cons will be discussed in review;)HTH

KME
Looking forward to it KME:Applaud

+1 for easycert and easy mobile. Wish they did an iPhone app though. May eventually get round to writing one myself.

How would you rate this Wayne?It looks interesting and I can see it's a big excel spreadsheet. I like to play around with excel, but that looks beyond my capabilities. I also notice that the company who makes it is also an electrical contractor.
Scratch that, it's open office not excel. Hmmmm..interesting....

I just created my own copies of the standard forms (EIC & MWC) and fire alarm form in Word and Powerpoint.Free to do, no license required, easily customisable.
plus iphone workable and bluetooth printing to printer in van Guinness

thanks for the input guys.

i spoke to easy cert about a iphone app he said possibly if there was enough interest which there isnt at the moment.

defiantly going to be making the plunge if funds permit.

How would you rate this Wayne?It looks interesting and I can see it's a big excel spreadsheet. I like to play around with excel, but that looks beyond my capabilities. I also notice that the company who makes it is also an electrical contractor.
it took me a while to get to grips with it and customise with my own logos etc but once i did its quite easy to use again and again. compared to easycert which i used the trail for a week or so, its similar but if i was to rate easycert at 10/10 id say this one was 6 maybe 7 out of 10. but then the price difference makes up for it i think.

hth

wayne

totally agree with you, the Napit certs are crap.

entering the date for live and dead tests drives me mad!

i made my own on excel, with the help of some of the downloads on here. took me a long time, but so much easy and neater, look really proffesional when done on computer i think

plus iphone workable and bluetooth printing to printer in van Guinness
Nice. Show a pic of your printer in your van mate. :)

thanks for the input guys. i spoke to easy cert about a iphone app he said possibly if there was enough interest which there isnt at the moment.

defiantly going to be making the plunge if funds permit.
Did you use the link in our Forum Homepage Wozz? If you go ahead and get it, please could you use the link (Logo Clcikable) in our sponsor section please?

All traffic is monitored from here.

Many Thanks,

Admin.