Equipotential bonding satisfactory - No

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me re-read that in the morning; when I hope to be able to only see 1 post, not 3 Guinness
LOL, I hope you don't have a head like this guy :Spam2 :)

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Looks like its all hunky dorey apart from main bond is not were it enters property no reason this will need changing as long as there are no plastic in the pipework.
Thanks batty, there is n't any plastic in the pipework.

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Hi FatBob,As suggested, a few photos would've helped a great deal. :)

With regards to the 6mm main earth bonding - what is the Earthing arrangement of your supply system? (A pic of the incoming supply would help, if you are unsure).

We have a directory of electricians on this forum the main Search and page can be found here:

TEF Directory of UK Electricians

I have done a search using the keyword "Herefordshire" and it has brought up two results:

Electricians that cover work in the Herefordshire area.

There was a few points that I was going to say, but they have already been covered by others here.

Regards,

Admin.
Thanks admin, I have to admit that I don't have a digital camera - it's on the xmas wish list - but yes it would have been much easier for me and for the members to advise me. Definitely a one for the future.

Was my description above of the wiring arrangement in the leccy meter cupboard not sufficient to answer your question on the supply system earthing arrangement i.e.

The main supply cables comes in via a pipe (or conduit I believe is the correct terminology) and enter into the plastic boxes I have just described. The conduit is bonded to the MET.
Perhaps I should just wait until I get an electrician in before I let the property, from the helpful replies here I don't think my system is in a dangerous state? Which was my original concern.

Cheers