Estate Agents

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apparently it was only short of a sticker, ( i put in 2 missing blanks on the consumer unit when i briefly looked at it)

which i find hard to believe as builders did all of the work there for 23 years.

Im sure i could have found a ton of C3's  and at least 1 or 2 C2's . ( i usually can)

But if nothing was opened up or looked at, they wouldnt find anything.

the Seller was happy though.

not requirement for it to be satisfactory, same with HiMOs, they need a cert for application to be registered, but it can have defects to be rectified later

If the other contractor was willing to take the risk of issuing a report that misses most of the defects for £150, then let him do that, and instead concentrate on the market that wants a report that reflects the true condition of the installation

This is why the buyer needs to arrange for the test and inspection. If its left to owner they will want everything to be fine and and get a fly by.

A few years ago we were asked by a buyer to do one on a house they were keen to buy, so we arranged for the visit, knocked on the door and introduced myself, the lady replied I don't know why you are here my husband was an Electrician before he passed away.

Well it was one of the worst I had seen in a long time, i asked, where did you husband work then, oh the railways but he was very good at domestic aswell.

When I finished she asked if I had found anything, then answered herself saying doubt it.

I replied that I would now report back to my client and could not discuss my findings, but due to Code 1 and 2 being found, I would explain those as they need to rectified as a matter of urgency.

She listened, then said I don't beleive you and will get someone else to check it.

Bottom line was, it needed a full rewire, buyer pulled out.

Thing is Steve is that there are two extremes when it comes to us sparkys and work at home.

A: Those who will over spec everything, and you get steel conduit in walls to avoid RCD protection to lighting and fixed equipment, basket tray in the roof etc.

B: Those who bodge things and think oh' it'll be ok... cables out of concealed cable zones... he knows where it is and wont drill it. No RCd to shed socket... he's not going to mow the mower flex and pick up the cut end. No earth to class 1 light, its high and he'll touch it with the back of his hand first when changing lamps, etc

Latest posts