exams today :( need help with a few questions please??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinson

Reaction score
hey i am stuck on a few question papers they maybe very easy but i am losin the plot lol

this one i think is a error???

1.) the person normally responsible for a job sheet and time sheets on a site will be the ...

i would have said operitive but its not its the contract supervisor do u think its an error???

2.) when a series circuit containing resistance and capactive reactance is connected to an a.c supply the current will...

the answers lead but why??

3.) in a four wire 3 phase system the phase voltage is 220v the line voltage is therefore??

4.) the line current feeding a delta load is 52 A the delta phase current will be???

sorry about spelling had LOTS of coffee many thanks

hey i am stuck on a few question papers they maybe very easy but i am losin the plot lolHTH

this one i think is a error???

1.) the person normally responsible for a job sheet and time sheets on a site will be the ...

i would have said operitive but its not its the contract supervisor do u think its an error???

I would say its correct. The operative may complete job sheets and time sheets but the contract supervisor will be responsible for these

2.) when a series circuit containing resistance and capactive reactance is connected to an a.c supply the current will...

the answers lead but why??

When a circuit contains just resistance the current and voltage are 'in phase' with eachother

When a circuit contains resistance and capacitance, current will lead the voltage.

When a circuit contains resistance and inductance, current will lag the voltage

If there is resistance, capacitance and inductance in circuit the you have to do calculations (which you will do on level 3 2330)

3.) in a four wire 3 phase system the phase voltage is 220v the line voltage is therefore??

Not 100% sure on this one but think its 220V x 1.732 or 220v x squareroot3 which equals 381.04V

4.) the line current feeding a delta load is 52 A the delta phase current will be???

Not sure on this one so will keep eye on this thread so i know answer too

Feel free to correct me anyone as im always learning too HTH

sorry about spelling had LOTS of coffee many thanks
MY BLUE

cheerz mate very much needed! thank you and yeah with the 3 phase one you was right! awsome

this is my 4th go at this exam! sooo this is very big lol ive revised loads everytime and still fail this is my last and final go that i am aloud so if i fail i loose my apprentiship and will have to choose a whole new carreer path so no pressure...wish me luck

I do not care what anyone else says/thinks, its not LAW. Yes it is the wiring regs. currently 17th Edition.

Latest posts