External CH controller

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gselectrical

Reaction score
Evening all. Had a call today to take a look at a boiler. Main problem was that the user did not know how to use it properly (after 5 years). So after explaining to her how the boiler DH, CH etc, she still couldn't understand the internal timer/programmer for the CH.

Now I must admit, its not the most user friendly controller. So I sugested fitting an external single channel controller. I have read the instructions for the boiler and ther is no mention of this. Can this be done??

The boiler is a Biasi Riva compact M90E.24s

Thanks. J

Hi J

I assume there is a room thermostat fitted. If you have then you know where the heating switch live will go to on the boiler.(operate the stat before disconecting from boiler to confirm) You can rewire the stat through the new clock. Once done the existing clock can stay in the facia but wont do anything.

Assuming there isnt an existing stat you will find a link fitted at the boiler connections where 1 could be wired, 1 side the live out the other the heating switch return.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for the replys guys. There doesnt seem to be a room stat fitted. (cow boy job). Initially I was thinking of fitting a single channel programmer but as there is no stat, it would make sence to fit a programmable stat as suggested. The only problem I have is getting the boiler to run constantly, the timer doesn't seem to have this option. It will run for an hour or 2 or 3 etc etc. So I was thinking of disconnecting the internal timer and connecting the cables through? Cheers. J