Faulty nightstor 100 boiler HELP Rrequired :)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosielx

Reaction score
Old GEC nightstor 100 been in place since about 1982/83. Pump replaced three years ago by HES. Had house fire in 2007 - system drained, flushed through with chemicals and then refilled. Radiators upstairs replaced with new ones.

Came on as normal on Friday morning but within about 20 minutes heard loud knocking noises which seemed to be heading up the pipes towards the reserve tank in the loft. Shortly after this system switched off. Fan and pump will work for short while but then trip/turn off. NO burning smells. Have contacted HES twice but they have not got back to me yet. Just wondered if anyone new what the problem might be. I'm pregnant and have a toddler and feel like I'm living in the artic ROTFWL . If anyone knows anyone professional who deals with these things especially in Norfolk let me know.Pray

Sounds like you have got air in the system Rosie. Not to sure about system you are talking about but if its a wet system hopefully should be able to get it out by bleeding. Some of the heating guys on here will probably help you more. I am only a spark but had a bit of heating systems experience in a past life. welcome to the forum someone a bit more knowledgeble may help.

Batty

Hi Rosie sorry to hear about your boiler it could be one of many problems it depends if your rads are hot when it trips of as it could be the water temp sensor not sensing the tempature and as you have had the pump changed and the system flushed i would suspect the pcb as the pins through time corrode in the solder this causes the pump to stop working while the fan is still working causing it to trip.

nightstorman.