Feeling the pinch...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo

Reaction score
Started on my own Back in September and since then month by month things got busier and busier. Even January I was flat out!

February got slower.

And March has been terrible.

Thinking of looking for a job with a firm til this whole recession/credit crunch blows over. Which could take the rest of the year from what im told.

Problem is firms are laying off not taking on.

Ive got alot of my work in the past through builders and local businesses. Is it because they are struggling and so its a knock on effect?

I know some tradesmen localy who say they are a bit quieter but obviously they've been around alot longer and so have managed to build up a much larger customer base in that time.

Starting up a business it tough anytime you decide to do it. To do it at the start of The Crunch was going to be tougher but I rode it out and was doing well until Feb.

It really knocks your confidence when this happens. Start blaming myself and thinking its something ive done wrong, which it isnt. I still get calls for work just not as often.

Ah well.

Hows work for everyone else?

Sorry to here that Robo. But whatever you do - DON'T blame yourself!!!

Started on my own Back in September and since then month by month things got busier and busier. Even January I was flat out!February got slower.

And March has been terrible.

T
March in the Don's opinion is not a good month, along with December.

My boys tell me this.

But to start last September and be busy for 4 months at such difficult times is good going.

(Hang in there)

Don

Rob sorry to here of your problems. It is not good times at the moment. In the past when I have not been busy I have sub contracted you don't earn as much but at least its work. Ring around a few electricians they migt have something or get registered with agencys. Good luck with finding work.

Batty