Female Sparks ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a female sparks posting a few days ago , sorry can't seem to find the name, commented about chopping boxes in . There are a couple more on here , Avinalarf is one .

I wondered what problems you encountered sparkying, being of the opposite gender to most of us , lifting storage heater bricks ? Chopping boxes in all day ? Being groped in the loft by some hairy assed plumber ? Listening to bad language all day? Sexist jokes and comments ?

I think it was Aggie one night when she was sober enough to recognise me and then realised that I was actually married to her,

cant blame her for that outburst really,!

I think it's fun being a girl sparks. It helps that I'm 20, blond, leggy and georgous. (Admin: no-one can find out my age from my profile can they?)

I don't mind the sexist banter - not too much of a problem because I can be just as bad. The guys on site were susrprised at my sexist behavour when they accidently set off the fire alarm and a van full of fire men turned up to say hello.

I sometimes find using an SDS all day tiring, but I only ever work with my boss and he's a big macho strong guy so anything I'm not strong enough to do, he does.

I'm the only sparks I know that can put my entire hand up in the hole for a Click downlighter and find the rogue cable that mysteriously moved after first fix so I can be very useful at times.

Not yet been groped by a plumber yet, but I'm sure I'll cope if I need to. Come to think of it, I was working with a plumber the other week who I'd have paid to grope me if I'd thought about it!

It's nice to be a bit different. I even took a home made cake into work today because we've all been working so hard this week.

Ali:D

Chrissy is my partner with Pink and Blue Electrics. We set it up thinking that the offer of a female sparky would be good for vulnerable women - but in 3 years we've never been asked - perhaps because we offer - I don't know.

Chrissy finds no problem with any aspect of the job. She's around 8 stone so takes a bit longer on some grunt work - but when it comes to fishing and routing cables she is brilliant. Not many people can get their arm through a GU10 down-light hole or fit between two floorboards!

Bad language is a problem - but she has now learnt to say cripes instead of s*** or f*** - unfortunately she now sounds like Penfold from DangerMouse!

We do mosly domstic work and a lot of the time the husband calls the electrician and the wife is at home with the kids when we go in to do the work. I think some of the mums like it when a woman turns up because they are less intimidated. But I have found that some of the men that we work for are slightly embarassed because they don't mind calling in a man to do a job they can't do, but a woman doing it is a but imasculating (bit of a long word for a Friday eve, sorry).

I was at a little old man's house a few years ago and I have to saw a bit out of the back of a kitchen cupboard to get to some bonding and he was such a old fashioned gentleman that he couldn't watch me do it. He was down on his knees sawing a hold in his kitchen with me watchin - he must have been at least 80:Blushing

All the older ladies I've worked for have been so pleased that a woman can be a spark now a days - I think some of them are a little jelous. Not many people love their job as much as I do.

Gosh, how could that have happened I wonder????

its a technical hitch Im sure,

I was messing about and accidentally changed your age from 23 to 40,

so enough of the fibs Ali,

you're not 20,

you are 23, and that is that. !

:p

A local plumber I do work for has a young lass working for him. Shes just qualified and a very good plumber.

As far as I know she loves the job, I see it as a great advantage to him. It gets people talking about the company. Also I think having a woman around can provide some good banter between the sexes.

I always dress as Wonder Woman when I'm at work - it's the company uniform. The boss looks great in it with his beer belly! Now I'm he grand old age of 23 I might have to rethink;)

female sparks sounds great to me, cant say ive ever bumped into one out on site yet,,,,,met a female bricky back in the eighties ,,,,,well they said she was female lol

Latest posts