Finalization of the batteries specs depending on DNO's response?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Andy for your quick response

I still do not understand why the DNO is interested in the batteries when the link between my system and the grid is the inverter. What is the point of having settings to limit the export to fulfill DNO's requirement if that does not seem to be the criteria that counts.
This is what I do not understand.
I thought you could have as much power as you want as long as you only export to the DNO's limit.
Even though as consumers the last thing we want to do is export to the grid the ability is there to do it.

Hi Binky
how/where can I read more about this. I still do not understand the implication vs everything I read/learnt so far

I get that there is a maximum power that can go to the grid. What I do not get is all the conversations about setting the inverter so it can only export up to a limit to the grid. So if your system generates more than that limit, that excess is lost as the inverter will cap it to the set export limit.

So is the export limit on the inverter for nothing?

Thinking out loud.
Total load = Sum of the kWp of each array. Is that right? or I need to also add the max discharge of the batteries?