Fishing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
Anyone use anything good to fish with apart from trunking lid??

I wana buy somthing today but everytime i have in the past the rods have just snapped.

I have a couple of 10 mtr rods on a reel but sf don't seem to do them any more. They are made by super rod part no. is 61815-001. They seem more useful than the rods on certain jobs.

Batty

just been over to screwfix and got some of the above

will let u no if anygood tomorrow night

are they anygood? screwfix ones?
yes. ive never snapped one yet (although someone who was helping me did once). there are a few that have started to split so are now covered in tape, but they are all still in good working order

I've had the Screwfix ones for about 4 or 5 years now and I have snapped one of them (absolutely my fault cause I was trying to bend it too much), pulled the end off another (stuck in a cavity) and my mate dropped one down a cavity whilst trying to hook a cable!!!

Apart from this they are very good and have got me out of quite a few difficult situations,,, well worth the buy!!

I'm on my second set, the first last me a couple of years but eventually they start to splinter and the fibreglass is a right ****** to get out of your thumb, for 15 quid I thought I'd get a fresh set

all you need to try to do is keep from putting to much angle/bend where the brass thread is crimped on the fibreglass.

my top tip is when drawing back Always undo each rod as its available to do so as if you don't thinking your wasteing secs it gets curled up behind you then thats when they snap

I'm on my second set, the first last me a couple of years but eventually they start to splinter and the fibreglass is a right ****** to get out of your thumb, for 15 quid I thought I'd get a fresh set
wrap tape round them and it solves that problem

I've had the Screwfix ones for about 4 or 5 years now and I have snapped one of them (absolutely my fault cause I was trying to bend it too much), pulled the end off another (stuck in a cavity) and my mate dropped one down a cavity whilst trying to hook a cable!!!Apart from this they are very good and have got me out of quite a few difficult situations,,, well worth the buy!!
PMSL...

Is he still your mate??? ]:) :eek:

all you need to try to do is keep from putting to much angle/bend where the brass thread is crimped on the fibreglass.my top tip is when drawing back Always undo each rod as its available to do so as if you don't thinking your wasteing secs it gets curled up behind you then thats when they snap
Concur with you there Lostit!Guiness Drink:DApplaud Smiley

I have two packs of 'em. But there are some jobs, tightangles/spaces where you need a more flexible rod.

(tlc).