Flickering Light

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it has been gone over more times than is good, it is even stated in this thread,

CFL are reactive to inducted currents/voltages.

unless you have a fairly good knowledge of theory in electrics then you either know this of explaining it is wasting everyones time.

ps, nothing to do with arcing or anything similar.

Thank you Steptoe, I now have a definite answer:

"CFL's are reactive to inducted currents/voltages"

I shall attempt to explain this reality to my customer and suggest she fits a filament lamp.

The reason I tagged this question on the end of the thread was to see if there had been a definite solution to the problem, as there was none indicated.
It's Halloween tomorrow - it will be a ghost. You need a priest and some holey water. May be best to put some dust sheets down, I've seen the Exorcist and it was messy.

Rev?

hi

had this a couple of times

once was faulty lamp

2nd time it was 2 way switching as yours is and the yellow strapper upstairs was connected into l1 blue to l2 but downstairs it was opposite blue in l1 yellow into l2 i swapped these round and it lowered the voltage going to sw live to pendant when switched off and all was fine.

but that light only flickered every few seconds when light was switched off due to the stray voltage going down the sw live i presume.

Latest posts