Fluke 1652 error 1

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manorelectrics

Reaction score
Hi. my tester has come up with this common error as i have now found out through this forum. I've had a quote of

Try the forum sponsor Megger mark?

Also, IIRC there is a fuse in the base have you checked that?

Mind I also thought that they shut down on "live continuity tests"!

Welcome to the forum by the way, stick around, it's a good place!

Well IMHO!

Thanks. Fuse is OK. I've read the forums and it clicks when switching on so its obviously the expensive one of the two possible faults. I sent it away for repair but decided against it after being given the quote. I thought

you said it all Andy,

you have made your own statement, now stand by your opinion and give us the reason why, and why no other meter is any better than megger?

have you actually used anything else or is megger the one your instructor used?

you said it all Andy,you have made your own statement, now stand by your opinion and give us the reason why, and why no other meter is any better than megger?

have you actually used anything else or is megger the one your instructor used?
i have used robin (mostly at college), and a fluke for 3 years whilst working for someone else. there are some things on the fluke i like better (test lead with the button), but overall, ill stick with megger.

and kewtech/ others a few times, but not enough to judge them properly

so why make a sweeping judgement to others then?

Im not trying to be twisted here Andy, but even excluding myself,

there are many folks here with a lot more experience on these rigs than a couple of years,

even after my mere 20+yrs, some peeps here can out class me on that easily.

In 35+ years i have had Fluke, Robin, Megger, Metrohm, Kyoritsu, Seaward. All have their plus and minus points. My current weapon of choice is a a Robin something. Always passes calibration, never let me down [yet]. I have NO preference....purely based on functionality and cost!...I'm not tight, just careful!!.... :coat

I have had error code 1 come up on my meter a couple of times which is a Fluke 1652 and what I have done is take battery out overnight and refit in morning and it has righted itself. I have never done a continuity test with voltage present though so it may be that it is beyond repair without a lot of expense.

I like my Fluke 'cos you can put your sandwiches in the box, then after you've eaten them you can use it as a seat whilst wiring up consumer units. Try that with a Megger:D

Latest posts