Fluke or Meggar?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green-hornet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a fluke 1652, never had any problems other than I need three wires to do any loop tests. I have heard that the megger has an adaptor so you can use three wires into two to do loop tests.

I always do a recorded Zs and rcd trip times on all circuits(even the lighting circuit)

If I have any gripe about fluke testers its the three wire loop test, I only have two hands!!

I have a Megger 1502 and you can either do a 2 lead high current loop test or a 3 lead "No trip" test.... you don't have to use the third lead linked out or an adaptor for the high current test

I have a fluke 1652, never had any problems other than I need three wires to do any loop tests. I have heard that the megger has an adaptor so you can use three wires into two to do loop tests.I always do a recorded Zs and rcd trip times on all circuits(even the lighting circuit)

If I have any gripe about fluke testers its the three wire loop test, I only have two hands!!
You can get a handy little line test lead with a test button on it (it was my Xmas present!) - makes life much easier - you can almost cope with 2 hands.

I always do a recorded Zs and rcd trip times on all circuits(even the lighting circuit)

You can use the croc clip on the earth lead (On most of the lighting Zs's anyway). If it isn't connected or not a good connection the Fluke 1652 will display an Error 4.

At the moment. Need some free time. Thanks for looking.

Got Megger MTF1552 and really like it ;)

Had it from when they first came out. Like the ease of use. Haven't tried the Fluke multifunction tester but I do have the Fluke T5 which is a nice bit of kit and used regular!

Hi, I have a Fluke 1653 which I find to be a good piece of kit, the only unusual thing with these testers is that you have to null the leads before earth loop impedance testing.

]Thanks to all who took time out to reply - tell you what I end up with once I finish surfing through the deals.

Cheers!

Used a Meggar and a Fluke, found the meggar to be slow especially on Zs measurements. Ive got a Fluke 1652B and seems much quicker for Zs and efli tests.

I have a fluke 1652, never had any problems other than I need three wires to do any loop tests. I have heard that the megger has an adaptor so you can use three wires into two to do loop tests.I always do a recorded Zs and rcd trip times on all circuits(even the lighting circuit)

Why dont they supply the spring hook probes, they are far superior to croc clips.

Why dont they supply the spring hook probes, they are far superior to croc clips.
I have some of those, and some extra long probes for board testing.

I need some new leads after a fork lift truck decided to flatten my neutral and earth test leads.

Just have to put the price up on the pir I am doing.