Foam mats

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maccarooni

Reaction score
A friend of mine has recently taken over the care of a small exercise gym in his place of work. He is just keeping it tidy, painting and caring for it. the flooring needed a bit of a lift so he got the company to part with some cash and bought some of the 1m2 foam mats with the interlock edge. Since then the employees who use the equipment have been getting a lot of static shocks from the equipment. only 2 of the items are actually fixed to the floor/wall and the other half a dozin or so are like multigym type stuff and portable. There was never any static before the mats and I know the general consensus will be ( get rid of the mats). Has anyone got any ideas of how to sort this type of occurence as I'm at a bit of a loss.

Many thank in advance,

Macca

You have to get some bath plug chain and attach it to the people so that one end drags on the floor.

They used to do it with cars years ago.

I did say to him that he may have to give out earthing straps with the locker keys......LOL but with the price of copper he couldn't imagine anyone having

When things are quiet on the electrical front, I sometimes work driving a Tow Truck.

I got called out to guy who had an electrical problem with his car.

Took me about a half an hour to explain that the static shock he had received was due to the nylon jacket he was wearing and not a fault with his car.

He didn't seem convinced at all.

TBH Spin,

I get quite a bit of static when I've been wearing me thermal vest all day.....

Looks cool in the dark..............Perhaps they could all use the gym at night with the lights off.......LOL