Freaking out as i have my fica tomorrow HELP!!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alessio Gentile

Reaction score
hi there, first time poster and ive seen a few threads on this website which have been helpful, im freaking out a bit as i cant find any of my diagrams, what im struggling to remember is the wiring for the neon indicator, ive hardly did them in work and my mind is a bit rusty

also, metal back boxs, ive always took the main earth into the terminal and a link from the terminal into the back box, is that the way its ment to be done by the regs?

cheers if anyone can help, nerves are going like mad here!

Hello and welcome to the forum. First thing to do is calm down, surprisingly you know the answers to all those questions but because of nerves your doubting yourself, it is normal and almost all of us do that. Lets think of a neon indicator, what do you think it needs to work? It would be pointless if the indicator was on all the time, so how would it be wired in a switch or fused outlet?

Metal back boxes and the earth terminal, think about the regulations regarding fixed lugs, an earthed back box was always required in the past because of problems with connectivity through the plate screws into movable, hence problematic connections.

Sit down and if your old enough have a beer, and then try to think logical remember there are no trick questions and you will know all the answers for your exam its just a case of being calm and not doubting your abilities.