Fried my 18v cordless now looking at a new one... opinions :)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dane

My old cordless wasnt the best one doing... lasted me 12 months, had some real abuse and only had 2 x 1.3amp batteries!

Now im looking at a new one!

I dont need anything big batter wise, as all this really does get used for is

Down light holes

Auger bits for joists

The odd hole for fixings

Got a Hilti Cordless SDS which is used quite regularly and is brilliant, but just a tad heavy for the smaller bits like above.

Now what do you guys think here....

Which one

Option one... 1.3 Amp Batteries again

or

Hitachi drill

or

Splash out :)

As above, it will be getting used for very basic stuff. Nothing heavy duty.

Got a bosch, but batteries were on there last legs. All rest of my tools are bosch.

What i like about that last one i put on is you get a """FREE""" bare impact wrench which uses the 18v batteries, would could be very useful for me in certain circumstances.

Got a bosch, but batteries were on there last legs. All rest of my tools are bosch. What i like about that last one i put on is you get a """FREE""" bare impact wrench which uses the 18v batteries, would could be very useful for me in certain circumstances.
I have 2 impact drivers and they are fantastic bits of kit. Big batteries @ 2.6Ah. Get the second one. :D

You know it's what you want to hear!

Fair comment. I think when most people choose powertools, they tend to stick with what they know or are used to.

Good thing with Bosch I suppose, is the free 3 year warranty when you register online.

Fair comment. I think when most people choose powertools, they tend to stick with what they know or are used to.Good thing with Bosch I suppose, is the free 3 year warranty when you register online.
I am on my third SDS drill after giving mine some serious abuse core drilling without letting the drill have a rest :)

my fault it ******** up

each time they didnt question it they arranged a replacement :)

The LXT is very popular everyone seems to have them, and no one seems to be too disappointed with it. I would go for the hitachi, everything hitachi i have seems to never give up, the hitachi has a very good spec.

I have 2 impact drivers and they are fantastic bits of kit. Big batteries @ 2.6Ah. Get the second one. :D You know it's what you want to hear!
It comes with an impact wrench, you'll have to get an adaptor to turn it into a driver.

Already got the adaptor chuck for that :)

Think im steering to the Bosch, as it will match everything else in the van then apart from the Hilti

Screwfix have a Hitachi 18v combi in the catalogue, but cant find it on the website

It has 3 x 1.4ah batteries, carry case and torch

I have one and cant fault it

Its on page 910 of the current book and is only 97.96 inc vat

I got this about 2 - 3 months ago, and it was 199.99 - reduced to 99.99

Well worth the money

Carl