Funny looking BS88 fuse

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Never seen this type of BS88 fuselink before... are they new or something? ;)

uploadelecforum2.jpg

(just another horror uncovered on a periodic - I'm not sure which one of you i'm following around... :D ;)

Adam

why is this a horror out of interest? if its correctly rated fuse wire then surely it will do the same job as fuse wire in a glass case.

I'll hold my hands up to doing that, a 16amp bs88 blew first thing on a site one day. It was the fuse for the socket we were using for tranny and site lighting. So 15amp fusewire untill the wholesalers next day.

I'll hold my hands up to doing that, a 16amp bs88 blew first thing on a site one day. It was the fuse for the socket we were using for tranny and site lighting. So 15amp fusewire untill the wholesalers next day.
so its your job Phoenix is following around!

Thats Disgusting workmanship ! On the other hand if the socket was being used for the kettle or radio any old nail would suffice :Salute

back on topic, why would it break the fuse holder?
Coz if it were to blow the amps flowing could easily blow it apart that is why rewireables generally have a good insulator in the old days it was asbestos pads, different nowadays but it needs an insulator to take the force of the exploding wire.