Fuse Box Replacement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite what the regs say, if you're sticking in a metal consumer unitĀ you might as well make it as much of a fireproof box as you can, the regs are a minimum standard, nothing wrong with exceeding them.Ā 

What was the stately home (?) fire where vermin made a nest in a wall mounted metal cu in the basement? AĀ knockout hadn't been blanked allowing them access. The fire went up thr metal conduit and burnt the place down.

Sure there was a post on here...

Aka:

5166.jpg

A plastic cu might have fallen to the basement floor and burnt itself out.

šŸ˜‚

you wouldn't think a fire would go up metal conduit!Ā 

A few years ago a plumber managed to cut through 2 DC solar cables on ahouse I was working on. Cables had been fitted in PVC capping and rendered over. It burnt about 18" up the wall before the ends of the DC cables were far enough apart not to keep propagating the fire

LSF FP200 style fire alarm cables installed in PVC trunking always seems odd to me, but hey , WTAF do I know? I've not been doing the job long enough. Ā I say JOB as some people call it a game..." been in the game for X years". Ā These people elevate the temperature of my urine to 100Ā°C, deal with it!

i feel a little irk/rant stirring, not like me, not like me in the least