Gavin And Stacey

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bane

Reaction score
Just finished watching all the series and personally, found it very funny.

Now am I being thick or did we never find out what actually went on, on that fishing trip between Uncle Bryn and Jason?

:put the kettle on

I only saw a bit of it towards the end.

And what I saw, I liked.

Got all 3 series on dvd Admin and I'm not really one for purchasing dvd's.

Once I've seen a film/programme, I've seen it generally.

But this is funny.

i have all the dvd's too and i really like it, i could watch it over and over and still find it funny..... and no we didnt find out what happend on that fishing trip but im guessing it had something to do with there tackle and im not on about the fishing tackle lol :)

i have all the dvd's too and i really like it, i could watch it over and over and still find it funny..... and no we didnt find out what happend on that fishing trip but im guessing it had something to do with there tackle and im not on about the fishing tackle lol :)
Well that`s the thing isn`t it! You`re led down that train of thought but it`s probably something stupid like they took the wrong bait! It is funny though. Ness is my favourite character or the old lady next door. "Where`s the salad?"

I am envious of you two having the DVD Boxset. :(

Nothing is actually explained in any detail but there is some inference as to what happened mentioned in one of the later episodes, may have been a special though, can;t remember off hand.

I never 'got' it, nor the Office. I love some sitcoms.
I didn't get The Office either until the repeats , thought it was clever , well observed comedy TBH.

Thought "Frasier" was excellent too , unusual for an American sit-com .

Fawlty Towers also a classic , with characters and lines still spoken of .

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Only saw a few Gav & Stac.....

well impressed with the small bits I saw....

But must be getting old or too busy or too many demands for my time from the kids!!!!!

to be able to sit down and watch TV!

In the house we have full boxed sets of....

Fawlty towers (Classic!)

Black Adder (Ruddy brilliant!)

Ripping Yarns (V-Good)

Porridge (Timeless)

Extras .. (Top Notch.....not sure why we never got the Office boxed set? maybe and Amazon order coming up?)

4 x Monty Python films. (Words cannot describe!)

Is this me age coming through again????? :( :( :coat

don't answer that last question! X(

Nothing is actually explained in any detail but there is some inference as to what happened mentioned in one of the later episodes, may have been a special though, can;t remember off hand.
Could well be a special, only episodes i haven`t seen.

Admin? You can buy the boxsets on ebay for about a fiver each i think

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| Only saw a few Gav & Stac.....

But must be getting old or too busy or too many demands for my time from the kids!!!!!

Fawlty towers (Classic!)

Ripping Yarns (V-Good)

Porridge (Timeless)

Extras .. (Top Notch.....not sure why we never got the Office boxed set? maybe and Amazon order coming up?)

Well don`t know about age seeing how i was nodding in agreement at your boxset `verdicts` and i`m only 30!

As for time to sit and watch tv that`s only a weekend thing [evenings] for us. Like yourself, no time! Don`t understand how ppl manage with Sky+ these days. Where do they get the time!

Almost forget. What was Ripping Yarn and FOUR Python films?

Only know Life of Brian and Holy Grail!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_| Only saw a few Gav & Stac.....

Fawlty towers (Classic!)

Ripping Yarns (V-Good)

Porridge (Timeless)

OK I'm not answering the last question .

I agree with " Extras" that was clever too, also Python .

This thread has reminded me of a couple of things that have stuck in my mind from TV but had gone straight over the heads of some others.

I was once, trying to make the following points , to no avail.

One of the last episodes of "Dad's Army" has Captain Mainwaring and Sergeant Wilson keeping watch , at night, on the English Channel, the comedy was dropped for a minute as Mainwaring says to Wilson, words to the effect , " They think they're going invade us you know, Wilson, invade England, well they're not damn well having it , not if we've got anything to do with it they're not ."

" No Sir ,for once I agree with you"

The point was missed when someone said they didn't like the show because Mainwaring was a pompous ass ..... well... yeah ... hello..

The other one that stuck with me was the final episode of Blackadder as they wait to " go over the top". Very cleverly the comedy was replaced with the characters saying how scared they were , Baldrick had no cunning plan, then as they climb out from the trenches , the colour was changed to sepia brown, the characters fade out and the field fills with red poppies, they trying to make me cry or what. ?

Deke

Just finished watching all the series and personally, found it very funny.Now am I being thick or did we never find out what actually went on, on that fishing trip between Uncle Bryn and Jason?

:put the kettle on
i dont think they have any intention of saying, its much funnyer not knowing, nothing the writers could come up with now would satisfy the viewer as everyones imaginations have been running riot with ideas of what went on

my faves:

black adder

dads army

rising damp

snuff box http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHx9khi_QxI

blue jam

brass eye

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4SGbxFmK_LA?feature=oembed (she thought this was a real interview)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some classic lines from TV comedy.

" Vot iz your name? " ...." Don't tell him , Pike"

" The world is your lobster , Rodney" ( Delboy)

The Python sketch ' Pay for an Argument' "That argument was never 5 minutes" "Yes it was" "No it wasn't" "Yes it was" "No it wasn't" "Yes it was" "Well if it was.... how come you are still arguing ... Eh ! "

"Well I may be arguing in my spare time"

What do you expect to see from a Torquay hotel window, Madam......... herds of wilderbeest roaming across the Serengetti .......the Hanging Gardens of Babylon ???

Some classic lines from TV comedy. " Vot iz your name? " ...." Don't tell him , Pike"

" The world is your lobster , Rodney" ( Delboy)

The Python sketch ' Pay for an Argument' "That argument was never 5 minutes" "Yes it was" "No it wasn't" "Yes it was" "No it wasn't" "Yes it was" "Well if it was.... how come you are still arguing ... Eh ! "

"Well I may be arguing in my spare time"

What do you expect to see from a Torquay hotel window, Madam......... herds of wilderbeest roaming across the Serengetti .......the Hanging Gardens of Babylon ???
:Applaud Love it Sandra ROTFWL

And the best one liner, ever, on this Forum .

That fine fellow ,Bob, posts, asking about fitting some weird and wonderful LED lighting in his kitchen, which flashes and dims etc.

Apache's post follows with, " You're single, ar'nt you?"