Givenergy or Alpha ESS battery

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil1976

Reaction score
I’m new to renewables and after a bit of research I’m getting a 4kw solar PV with a 10kw battery but at the start of the process the battery in the quote was Givenergy however due to delays in sourcing a Givenergy battery they want to change to Alpha ESS B3 battery at the same cost as they can be sourced quicker but should I agree to this or stick with the Givenergy battery? I can’t find any negative reviews for Alpha

I was hoping for make and model :)

I'd suggest looking up the spec on the inverter and checking compatible batteries

In my research I found Givenergy and Pylontech were the cheapest batteries around, so getting the Alpha for the same price is a good deal.

And I'd assume as they haven't quoted a make and model of inverter, they will simply provide one compatible with the battery, otherwise they aren't going to make it work, so you're not going to pay the rest of the money.

So the alpha would work out 9.6kw, so narrowly better than the Givenergy.

I find it strange that LifePo4 batteries have been touted as actually benefitting from being fully charged and discharged, so most manufactures who have started used that chemistry have started allowing 100% DOD, but some cling on to the 90-95% still.

I was hoping for make and model :)

I'd suggest looking up the spec on the inverter and checking compatible batteries
Just checking the contact again and under the warranty section it has the manufacturer listed as Solis but no model listed

Solis is listed as the solar inverter and it has AlphaESS as the battery inverter, both with 5 year warranty

"solis solar inverter" suggests an AC coupled system?

was the original quote for [GEN1] GivEnergy 3kW AC Coupled inverter + [GEN 2] 9.5kWh Battery?

in which case using Alpha ESS is likely (I'm not sure as I'm on the learning curve) to be replacing both the AC inverter and the battery?

from MrJ's quoted website:
Alpha Smile-B3 Plus 5.04kWh Battery ESS £3250 + Alpha 5.0kWh Battery (for Smile B3 Plus) £2250 = £5500 inc vat.
The first item says it's an all-in-one, so comprises a 3kW AC coupled inverter with a 5kWh battery together, expandable system.

it would be useful to have as much info on all the equipment on the quote to make the most helpful response

As to Alpha ESS reputation and real-life usability I have no idea I'm afraid.

hope this helps

alpha looks the sme as Pylontech range, and Solis definetly works with Pylontech.

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.