Going back to college

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashey

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have scraped the fast track idea (thank god for this forum/advice)

I now will be attending college full-time from sept. ; \

I have chosen to go Full time for the first year to get my level 2, then my redundancy money will run out and will have to-do level 3 part time.

Will I be able to get a job in the trade with just the level 2?

Very brave move nashey, but I think you will learn more than you ever could on a crash course.

You will gain knowledge that if learned will always be with you.

Last night I did an online mock exam level 3 I think it was, it said you will need a calculator and note pad to work things out, well I never had anything but tried the timed test which was 40 questions and given 60 minutes to do them.

I finished in 11 minutes and scored 87%.

What I learned when I was younger pays off in the end.

Good luck at college and when the time gets close for finishing get out and canvass yourself for a job.

do you not get your college fees payed for if you are not working ? you should if you are training for a new career.

Good luck with your course .

It seems like a long time two yrs but it will go quickly and that includes lvl 3 .

There is a lot of health and safety to get through at the beginning of lvl 2 , don't let it put you off as it will all be worth it in the end . Try and get as much practical experience as you can as this will give you confidence as well . Above all if you are not sure of anything just ask and enjoy the course .Guiness Drink

if you are not qualified to level 2 you can claim back your tuition fees;)i paid for my first 2 years then someone told me i was able to claim back as i wasnt at a level2 standard,right result paid out

Thanks All,

Cant wait to go back now, really looking forward to learning. :)

Is there i specific book I will need for college? or will any new 2330 level 2 do.

Yeh im also looking for a suitable easy to understand LEVEL 2 2330 book too.

Are there no adult trainee systems available that could let you start with an electrical firm on a real wage and get funding and time towards your education too?

Are there no adult trainee systems available that could let you start with an electrical firm on a real wage and get funding and time towards your education too?
The Don agrees, but sadly in the current climate, I don't think that option exists.

The Godfather

if you guys are looking for good stuff to help you out in level 3 try the electricalexams that sponser this web site.BUT HOLD ON TILL YOU START COLLEGE NEXT TERM AS I LEFT LEVEL 3 THIS YEAR I WAS TOLD BY THE LECTURER THAT THE COURSE WORK WAS CHANGING SO DON`T BUY ANYTHING YET.