Going it alone

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know there has been threads on this subject before but all i am after finding out is -

1. are there any decent agencies in the merseyside area that i could register with.

2. in the current climate is it a good idea or stick with a company.

i am aware of the risks involved and the insurances i would have to get so just after the general info and any tips you guys have.

Thanks

Hi Scouser ,

I'd say if you are already working for a company , stick with it. You're earning a living and thats all we can ask for in this climate TBH.

I hate agencies , a bunch of wise guys in whistles and flutes , sitting in a warm office earning a couple of quid an hour off your charge out rate while you are working on a freezing cold building site in the middle of winter . You have the skills , they are earning off your back without getting off their fat , shiny ar$e$ .

If you are not working for a firm you could become self employed and try subbing to a contractor on your own terms , blowing out the middle man .

Either way I wish you luck .

I agree with Sandra above. Agency's are leeches on your wages. Cut them out and do it on your terms. Good luck anyway mate

Going it alone in this climate would be a very brave thing to do especially if you have a job. good luck anyway.

ian

Latest posts