Ground source heat pump issue

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne

Reaction score
Hi all,
Having a bit of a nightmare with my ground source heating system. Recently had to carry out repairs to the compressor and also replace the heating circulation pump.
I seem to be getting a higher temperature on the returns from the heating system than what I’m sending out. It’s like the systems going in reverse?! I’ve checked the direction of the circulating pump I replaced and it’s going the right way. I can feel the temperature of the refrigerant at the heat exchanger and it’s very hot ~70degsC. But I’m currently pumping water into the heat exchanger at 41degsC and it’s coming out at 20degsC?! The temperatures seem right as I can feel the difference in temperature on the pipework. I’m pretty stumped if I’m honest. Does anyone have any suggestions?
It’s a Worcester Bosh Greenstore 9kw system

Attachments

• IMG_5298.jpeg
    IMG_5298.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 1
Regardless of what the on screen temperature readings give, you surely know which pipe is flow and which is return? If so which one is the hot one just by feel?

Hi all,
Having a bit of a nightmare with my ground source heating system. Recently had to carry out repairs to the compressor and also replace the heating circulation pump.
I seem to be getting a higher temperature on the returns from the heating system than what I’m sending out. It’s like the systems going in reverse?! I’ve checked the direction of the circulating pump I replaced and it’s going the right way. I can feel the temperature of the refrigerant at the heat exchanger and it’s very hot ~70degsC. But I’m currently pumping water into the heat exchanger at 41degsC and it’s coming out at 20degsC?! The temperatures seem right as I can feel the difference in temperature on the pipework. I’m pretty stumped if I’m honest. Does anyone have any suggestions?
It’s a Worcester Bosh Greenstore 9kw system
As I'm sure you know, this cannot be the case if all of the other conditions you state are true. My guess is that the water is going into the heat exchanger at 20degC and coming out at 41 degC. Fit the pump the other way round to get the flow and return orientation right.

Latest posts