Growatt vs Fox ess hybrid inverter and battery

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dipesh

Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to get opinions on which brand system is better and why. It's between the Growatt SPH6000 and Fox H1 6kw. Which system is easier to set up, has better tech support and end user friendly. My supplier seems to be pushing Fox more as their top seller however Growatt seems to be more common in forums. Let's hear the pros and cons!

Hi, I'd like to get opinions on which brand system is better and why. It's between the Growatt SPH6000 and Fox H1 6kw. Which system is easier to set up, has better tech support and end user friendly. My supplier seems to be pushing Fox more as their top seller however Growatt seems to be more common in forums. Let's hear the pros and cons!
Growatt support is very poor BUT lots of people know them well and can advise. Be aware that the SPH6000 although it is a 6kW inverter can only supply 3kW from battery. There's a few mentions of Fox inverters around and they dont seem to be the best choice from what I have read.

Ah 3kw won't be enough in the evening with a couple appliances on! Does Fox have a limitation? These 2 are priced very similar with the batteries, other brands I've looked into the batteries are too expensive. Do you have any recommendations?

Ah 3kw won't be enough in the evening with a couple appliances on! Does Fox have a limitation? These 2 are priced very similar with the batteries, other brands I've looked into the batteries are too expensive. Do you have any recommendations?
I've had nothing to do with Fox so I cant really comment. I chose a Victron Multiplus II to work alongside my Growatt and the Victron is a really different animal. It's rated at 5kW, I've mine running at just under 9kW and the only distress it showed was cooling fans ramped up. It sustained that load for nearly 20 minutes.

I've had nothing to do with Fox so I cant really comment. I chose a Victron Multiplus II to work alongside my Growatt and the Victron is a really different animal. It's rated at 5kW, I've mine running at just under 9kW and the only distress it showed was cooling fans ramped up. It sustained that load for nearly 20 minutes.
Sounds insane, it must come with a heavier price tag too!

Just spoke to my supplier and they suggested using the Growatt MIN 6000TL-XH inverter with the ARK batteries, it allows 6kw AC output if there is right amount of battery modules installed. I'm guessing the programming and interface will be similar with both the Growatt's, I'll be installing it with 7.7kw panels hopefully I don't run into any problems with the programming!

Sounds insane, it must come with a heavier price tag too!

Just spoke to my supplier and they suggested using the Growatt MIN 6000TL-XH inverter with the ARK batteries, it allows 6kw AC output if there is right amount of battery modules installed. I'm guessing the programming and interface will be similar with both the Growatt's, I'll be installing it with 7.7kw panels hopefully I don't run into any problems with the programming!
The Growatt model suggested sounds good if they've got rid of the 3kW max restriction on batteries. Good luck with your install, look forward to hearing about it.

J

Latest posts