Has this work been done correctly??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
always makes me smile going back to jobs and seeing the pretty earth clamps along to the pipes, makes a real dog of the install in a kitchen.

I throw out a couple of queries to Blue Foxes post. Is there perhaps a 6mm bond to the water and gas ? Its been raised on here that they do not have to be upgraded if no one is paying you to do it.

Regarding the RCD , if he brought a cable up an airing cupboard wall, surface why does he have to fit an RCD ?

If its a council house you won't get the EIC it goes to he who ordered the work.

always makes me smile going back to jobs and seeing the pretty earth clamps along to the pipes, makes a real dog of the install in a kitchen.
Doesn't it just !!! And I bet all the pipes were at the same potential anyway.

As far as I knew , cross bonding at the boiler was either a local council thing or a Gorgi thing.

JL will know.

I just love the inconsistancy of part p, I am going to lobby the removal of this non sensical apparation in favour of a tried and tested qualification gained YES approval.

I have just enroled on a five week brain evaluation and surgical manipulation degree, after a succesful pass I will be registered to carry out minor brain surgery, like a labotomy. However I will be required to only carry out these procedures with the permission of the clients.

I will keep you all informed of my progress, I hope to be a major factor in brain surgery for years to come, but will need all the help this forum can provide.

Scalpels clean screwdriver ready yeah!!!!

I throw out a couple of queries to Blue Foxes post. Is there perhaps a 6mm bond to the water and gas ? Its been raised on here that they do not have to be upgraded if no one is paying you to do it. Regarding the RCD , if he brought a cable up an airing cupboard wall, surface why does he have to fit an RCD ?

If its a council house you won't get the EIC it goes to he who ordered the work.
Hi Evans, The water has NO bonding what so ever on it anywhere, the gas is correctly bonded with 10mm bonding. Regarding the RCD, fair enough, probably not required. Regarding the EIC guessed that was the case. It jst doesn't look like a proffesional install. Regarding the earth straps from the quotes on here these are ok, however what I have done in the past and would continue to do in future is coil the cable round a screwdriver then cut strip and fit it so its a nice coiled length of cable - I just think things like that look better but maybe I'm too fussy.

Hi Evans, The water has NO bonding what so ever on it anywhere, the gas is correctly bonded with 10mm bonding. Regarding the RCD, fair enough, probably not required. Regarding the EIC guessed that was the case. It jst doesn't look like a proffesional install. Regarding the earth straps from the quotes on here these are ok, however what I have done in the past and would continue to do in future is coil the cable round a screwdriver then cut strip and fit it so its a nice coiled length of cable - I just think things like that look better but maybe I'm too fussy.
I use to coil or rat tail all my earth bonding until I was told this placed un due stress on the cable, X(

I always thought it looked ok and could give vital extra length when a pipe repair was needed without the need to disconnect or plumber cut the bonding.

I use to coil or rat tail all my earth bonding until I was told this placed un due stress on the cable, X( I always thought it looked ok and could give vital extra length when a pipe repair was needed without the need to disconnect or plumber cut the bonding.
i prefer to coil too, looks much better imo. to me it makes alot of sense especially if what your bonding is gonna be subject to movement and vibration etc.

i prefer to coil too, looks much better imo. to me it makes alot of sense especially if what your bonding is gonna be subject to movement and vibration etc.
so we have to leave cables ready for the 5 minutes the boiler moves/vibrates just before it blows up and stops working?!

so we have to leave cables ready for the 5 minutes the boiler moves/vibrates just before it blows up and stops working?!
Lol I don't mean just boilers! If your bonding around a motor or a big ac unit etc!