Heating Options In Bathrooms

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuayThaiDad

Reaction score
Hey all, just looking at pricing a job to renovate fair proportion of an old house and owner has a year ago had an apparently NICEIC approved spark fit a new XL24N store heater in bathroom, I thought there would be no way that was allowed as is only a shower in there but very small bathroom maybe 2 metres x 1.7 metres square at a push. He also has one of those old school heat and light ufo's ; -) on ceiling too thing looks like a dog bowl with a cage around it ! I'm thinking zones are way too close in there for anything but maybe a small wall mounted fan heater with a pull cord on or a towel rail only. Anyone seen a store her in a small bathroom ? seems very sketchy

Cheers buddy, although says I don't have permission to view link ! Thought anything like the vanguards wouldn't be allowed in the zones ? Do they show on site they're ok or just in big bathrooms outside zones and IP rated ? Are you just using via flex outlet plate isolated outside the room ?

An XL24 in that small space?  That's not a shower room, it's a sauna.

As already suggested the XL6 is what's normally fitted in a bathroom. It has no controls on the front, connect it with just a flex outlet plate and the switch outside the bathroom.  It's much more suited to the heating needs of a small space than an XL24