Hello again. Quote templates.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been getting a big variation of types of smaller jobs so things are going well so far this year. Hope yall doing well also.
I have shyed away from a few bigger jobs so far but am getting quite a few remedial works post EICR and have been asked to provide a quote.
Ive normally done this verbally or with an email but I want to, at least try to look a bit more professional.
What programs, templates or spreadsheets do you guys use?

Cheers n stuff

Leigh

I think you should investigate business packages that allow you to set up templates for estimates, quotes and invoices, send via email etc AND do your finances AND get you ready for making tax digital

Simple word document with your company header and payment details in the footer.

I would avoid typing too much detail into any quote, I've found some customers use it to get other contractors to quote against and undercut your price.
Totally agree. Offer a detailed estimate ( never use the word quote/quotation as customers think it's a firm price ) once job has been accepted.

Follow that with a contract of works, once signed and a deposit paid then the Start date is confirmed in your diary.

Remember any contract verbal or written accepted in a clients home is subject to a 7 day cooling off period by law.

If you pm me your email address I'll send you what I use as a starting point.

Remember your terms and conditions is an evolving document, as when you get screwed by a customer you tweak them to try and avoid it happening again. Think I'm on version 5.2 now lol.

As long as you are able to cut/paste/insert/edit an image, (e.g. your company logo(s) and/or other relevant images )..

Then it is very easy to create your own A4 headed paper template, using either Word or Excel..
As mentioned don't forget to also have a written set of terms and conditions to accompany any estimates/quotes.
{and ensure your T&C's make it clear all materials supplied remain your property until full balance payments are received.
and clearly state what your payment terms and conditions are.}

You can then save it as a PDF and attach it to a covering e-mail message requesting that your customer shouldn't hesitate to contact you if they need clarification or wish to amend any part of the proposed work schedule.

I always used the JCT 80 form of contract, gave peace of mind to the customer and covers all aspects from the contractors point of view.

Whatever you call it, a detailed estimate or a quotation it is still a fixed price for the works detailed, this can be varied by either party during the works.

At the end of my career I just quoted an hour rate, take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Brilliant info guys. Really appreciated thanks......................I am getting to grips with invoicing and xero and have discoverd quotes/estimates on the software that you can convert to a post work invoice. Seems clever and MTD compliant so going to do that for now.............
Again, thanks for the replies.....................;)

Brilliant info guys. Really appreciated thanks......................I am getting to grips with invoicing and xero and have discoverd quotes/estimates on the software that you can convert to a post work invoice. Seems clever and MTD compliant so going to do that for now.............
Again, thanks for the replies.....................;)

good feedback

messing around with word and / or excel is so last century😊