Help Connecting Alarm To Siren

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrjoh

Reaction score
Hi,

Many thanks in advance for any help I'm given.

I have a 433mhz Wireless GSM Alarm, which has +/- out 12v for Siren, but has no Trigger connection.

I bought a 433mhz Solar Wireless Siren, but it has a transmitter which connects to the alarm, and does not have a button to activate a 'learning mode' to connect to the alarm, but the transmitter requires a TRI Trigger connection, which I do not have.

Is there any was I can make these work together?

Not a lot - the alarm panel is a cheap generic, and the solar bell box was end of line without tech support. (It does take 8 C Batteries also)

They have both been unhelpful!

I would suggest that if it takes 8 c size batteries then it is not solar at all.

Also it would mean that you would have to change the batteries every year.

I would also guess that as it is as you say its "generic" the the two are not compatible, which may be why tech gave no help.

The Alarm is simply GSM Alarm System and the siren is completely unmarked.

Essentially all I need to do is somehow create a negative trigger to activate the alarm when it is meant to go off, which the alarm doesn't have, only 12v +/- for siren connection, as the siren came with its own transmitter, which is paired correctly.

To you it may be a case of "create a negative trigger" but if the panel does not have an output, then the panel does not have an output. You can't use what it does not have.

I have to ask though, if its a radio sounder, and has batteries, why does it need

a) The 12v supply

b) a -ve trigger

I can't help but think you are looking for something it does not need, in that it is trigged by radio. What else could the radio part be for?

(How do you know it is "paired")

Have you tried putting the panel in "alarm condition" (To establish does the sounder activate)