help please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek13

Reaction score
Q/

a 230v contactor has 7 amps flowing through its contacts if the power factor is 0.92 calculate the REAL and APPARENT power ???

anybody help with this please?? cheers

Apparent power 230 x 7 = 1610 Watts

Actual power 1610 x 0.92 = 1481.2 Watts

Hope that helps as you can see actual power is not as high as apparent power the lower the power factor the more power is wasted CJS

thanks v much for reply i got that right thank god ha ha tryna get my head round formulas for up coming exams one i cant get to grips with is this:

a 32ohm resistor is connected in series with inductive reactance of 35ohms calculate the impedance of the circuit??

struggling where to start with this one gone a bit brain dead i think , any help with this please????? thanks v much!!!Guiness Drink

thanks v much for reply i got that right thank god ha ha tryna get my head round formulas for up coming exams one i cant get to grips with is this:a 32ohm resistor is connected in series with inductive reactance of 35ohms calculate the impedance of the circuit??

struggling where to start with this one gone a bit brain dead i think , any help with this please????? thanks v much!!!Guiness Drink
Z = [square root] R1