Help Required

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate what your saying and fully agree, however in this case my oppo is my cousin. He's struggling for work at the moment because of the influx in eastern european plasterers that are offering great rates. I have promised to teach him the sparky bit and he is going to teach me how to plaster, I am ultimatly in control of the buisness though and we're like brothers anyway so im prepared to take the risks of going into a partnership with him. He also is the best plasterer I have ever seen his jobs are immaculate.
I knew I read it somewhere wabbit.

i have no dirct experience yet of domestic electrician work but obviously with my 7 years experience in electronics i have a good grasp of the theory. im not talking about teaching him straight away but in the future, and by teaching him that includes paying for courses. I'm not silly I do know experience is the key and I have little experience. however I will be working with a sparky for a period of time before i go into my own buisness. as for the 32k im not expecting to earn near that straight away however I would be looking to earn greater than that in time.

no probs, if your gonna be working with someone doing housebashing, and with your already obvious sound knowledge and intelligence then i would think you would be wiring houses on your own within 3 months easily.

6months and you would be able to make a weeks wages at it(couple of hundred or so anyway)

if your not able to make a living within a year then maybe you should try a different angle, ie, maintenance or something.

IMHO it will just be down to honing your existing skills.