High ZS on new building

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah maybe. I do put down my actual readings on the paper for him, so it is down to him if he chooses to alter them. 

By testing from the first switch in the circuit and moving onto the last switch be able to give me the indication of where i'm getting the high reading? I will go over all the switches tomorrow

well if you get .1, .15, .20, .60, .65 then you could safely assume there is a problem either at  or between the .20 or .60 light

Wally what area are you?

AM2, generally it's like the driving test, pass or fail there is only a 40% chance of passing first time. However you can only prepare to your best ability, so you need to be conversant with different cables and termination thereof, you will have to know the regs and in particular the guidance note 3 for testing, not only how to test but why and what you're testing and the reason for the results that you get. Remember 40% is two in five, so if you know what you're on about and doing and why then you stand a good chance. 
I am going to keep this anonymous. Yeah my driving test wouldn't be the best example, as It took me 6 times to pass, always was a bag of nerves! What part of the regs do I need to be knowing, would this be table values etc? 

Yes it will,

out of interest who signs the certs that you do?
I wouldn't know, that's down to office.

well if you get .1, .15, .20, .60, .65 then you could safely assume there is a problem either at  or between the .20 or .60 light
Thanks Andy, I will keep this noted and go around them tomorrow. 

Thanks anyone that posted, if you know of any online material which can help me just let me know!

The reading would indicate a circuit length of around 43 meters if 1mm T&E has been used...

Last edited by a moderator: