Home made 2391 test rig

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runner

Reaction score
Sat my 2391 written exam last week and found it easier than I expected. Having said that I have to wait 6 weeks to find out if I've past it.

As I don't get to do much testing in the work place, I decided to build a test rig to practice on before my practical exam and to help

familiarise myself with my new Megger MFT 1552.

I acquired an old 3 phase board although I can only run it as a single phase off my house supply.

The only thing I couldn't get my hands on was an old length of MIC which I wanted going to a fused spur.

Other than that it went quite well in construction, I decided to wire a 2 way light in twin and earth and another 2 way light in singles

as the test is slightly different. I included a dimmer controlled light and a standard 1 way light.

There is a single radial socket and a ring main consisting of 3 doubles.

I also have some SWA feeding DOL and 3 phase commando plug with built in RCD.

The small consumer unit is run off the large board and controls the radial socket and lighting - also contains an RCD.

Please refer to photo's attached.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

If you can smuggle that into the exam then the practical will be a doddle............
default_good%20luck.gif